Gillian Hayes of Dapple Photography took these photos of The Pipe Factory as the latest instalment for our photoblog post series.
The Pipe Factory is next to The Barras in Glasgow. This former Italian Renaissance inspired factory was designed by M Forsyth of Airdrie in 1877. Now used by a group of artists, writers & architects who run an open studio under the name of The Pipe Factory, since forming in 2011.
The building is on the at risk register. It is an example of some of the most intricate and ornate use of brick to be found in the city. Its adoption by the Pipe Factory has revived both the building and the wider Calton community.